February 2009 saw Axfood launch a private label range of exclusively Fairtrade certified products. Called Aware, the brand is sold at Hemköp, Willys, Willys hemma and PrisXtra. During the spring of 2009, 12 products are being launched under the Aware brand.
Our Aware products
Earl Grey and green tea with lime from India.
Fine dark and milk chocolate from Peru and the Dominican Republic.
Black pepper, whole and coarsely-ground, from Sri Lanka.
Cocoa powder and hot chocolate powder from the Dominican Republic.
Instant coffee 100g from South America.
Orange juice and tropical juice from South America.
Filter coffee from Peru.
Facts about Fairtrade
Fairtrade is an independent product label. Consumers who choose Fairtrade certified products contribute to improved working and living conditions for growers and employees in developing countries by:
- ensuring improved economic terms for growers and employees
- combating child labour and discrimination
- promoting democracy and freedom of association
- contributing to economic and social development of local communities
- promoting environmental considerations and organic production.
The Aware range is a result of a Nordic partnership with purchasing organisation United Nordic. The products will be sold by Axfood in Sweden, Norgesgruppen in Norway, Dagrofa in Denmark and Tuko Logistics in Finland.